Based on the latest Government update the entry requirements are now as follows (subject to change):
1. Tourists must enter the country via Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek) or Walvis Bay International Airport.
2. Tourists permitted to enter Namibia must, 14 days before entering Namibia, in writing inform the relevant Namibian diplomatic representative in the country of intended departure of the intention to enter Namibia.
3. Tourists entering Namibia must present a negative SARS-COV-2 PCR test result that is not older than seven days prior to entering Namibia and was issued by a laboratory that is certified in the country of issue to issue SARS-COV-2 PCR test results.
4. Tourists must get retested for SARS-COV-2 on day 5 of their stay in Namibia, and will receive their results within 48 hours. They must be available to receive these results on Day 7. Cost of the test must be covered by the tourist. Should the tourist test positive for COVID-19 he/she will be placed in quarantine at their own cost.
5. The tourist must present a full booked safari itinerary on arrival and the accommodation bookings must be at a government approved lodge/guesthouse etc.
The above regulations are planned to be revised by the Namibian Government. We will let you know should any of the details change. Some of the lodges in Namibia offer the facilitation of doing the COVID tests on day 5 and we have successfully managed to adjust the client’s itineraries to accommodate for this. Currently Lufthansa (Eurowings) and Air Ethiopia are flying into Windhoek.